We can help you do your part to help keep our waters clean.
“Pet waste can carry harmful bacteria, parasites, or viruses. It can make people, especially children, very sick. It can also be dangerous to wildlife and other dogs. Rodents are very attracted to pet waste left in your yard. That is why it is important to pick up after your pet. When you leave pet waste on the ground, rain and snow melt runoff carry it to nearby storm drains where it reaches our lakes, rivers, and streams, often untreated. Once there, it can elevate bacteria levels and contaminate our waterbodies, causing our beaches to close. Decaying pet waste also consumes oxygen and may release ammonia. Low oxygen levels and high ammonia can damage the health of fish and other aquatic life. Similarly, nutrients in pet waste may increase algae and weed growth in our water, which consume oxygen as they decompose, further harming aquatic life. “
This video presented by Healthypets.Mercola.com will help you assess your pet dog’s poop for any signs of a health problem.