Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
November 23, 2014, 11:28:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GPS TRACKING  (Read 5366 times)
allfordogs

** 1(87)Pet-Provider ** Professional & Prescreened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »

I think I came across as being against GPS.  I am all for it. 

And after a 130 yard week, I am way too tired, and too much of a slacker to write anymore. 

I'm definately for the GPS. I have a tracker in my truck, too. My GPS keeps a record of where the car has gone. It's not very efficient if the employee steals the car, etc. because I need the GPS to get the read outs... (but perhaps I can do it online through the Garmin site... not sure.)

Anyway, I was going to purchase a GPS anyway and a family member was going to buy me one as well, so we went in and got the super duper GPS w/all the bells / whistles. It's pretty cool.

I do suggest it. It saves me a TON of time.
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 05:07:27 PM »

OK, Which is the super dooper GPS?
There are so many out there hard to choose. Pep Boys has a unit for $99.00, the monthly fees vary as well as the infomation tracked.
I just bought a GPS/Sonar for my boat, the map chip will tell you local restaurants, malls etc.
Kanine Kleenup
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 05:20:57 PM »

OK, Which is the super dooper GPS?
There are so many out there hard to choose. Pep Boys has a unit for $99.00, the monthly fees vary as well as the infomation tracked.
I just bought a GPS/Sonar for my boat, the map chip will tell you local restaurants, malls etc.

Must be a bitch finding a parking space for the boat..  Grin
allfordogs

** 1(87)Pet-Provider ** Professional & Prescreened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »

It was like the $750.00 Garmin one.

gps / blue tooth / mp3 capabilities with a LINE OUT / memory card inputs / tracking, etc. / laser beams / gas mileage averaging, etc. (all the stuff my vehicle doesn't have), it even has games...

(games? really? on a gps? shouldn't i be driving?)

I don't pay the monthly charges yet... i will next year; but i have a free year.

I'm very happy i got it. It's a T...something or other. :-D

I'll let you know next time i go to the car and remember it.

i love it though; It unfortunately only routes 2 addresses at a time, so i still need streets/trips, etc. for my scheduling, but it works for initial cleanups, for sitting/walking, etc. (i then also don't need any more updates w/streets&trips.)

I like my GPS vioce... I call her Grandma. (Grandma got me lost again; i gotta glue grandma back to my dashboard; grandma keeps telling me to make a U-TURN in the middle of a busy intersection, etc.)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: