Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
December 21, 2014, 10:56:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pet (Yellow) Pages  (Read 2271 times)
all dogs poop

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2009, 04:05:17 PM »

Has anyone advertised in the Pet Pages (official Yellow Pages for pets) in your area (currently in Florida, Ohio, PA and expanding)?  Is it a worthwhile advertising opportunity?  I can't imagine NOT advertising in it if my competitors may be doing so.  Your thoughts?
Thanks!

all dogs poop
poop happens...we clean it up!
scoopnation
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »

Waste of money.

If your competitors waste money, that doesn't mean you have to waste your money, too.   That's damn stupid.
Shon
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:22:42 PM »

Has anyone advertised in the Pet Pages (official Yellow Pages for pets) in your area (currently in Florida, Ohio, PA and expanding)?  Is it a worthwhile advertising opportunity?  I can't imagine NOT advertising in it if my competitors may be doing so.  Your thoughts?
Thanks!
I've never heard of that publication.  It must not be in our area.

If you are interested in a certain publication, call a few of the advertisers and ask them how the ad is working for them.  Ask a few good questions.  If you seem to get a positive reply from most of the advertisers AND your competition is in there and if you can afford it, you must be in there.  Marketing 101.
all dogs poop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:51:55 PM »

Thanks, Shon.  The publication is totally new in this area.  The introductory cost for 1 year is very affordable, so I am going to do it.  I can afford it...it can't hurt and I can only hope to get some exposure.  1 new client will more than pay for the add at the introductory rate.  If it doesn't produce, I won't advertise in the 2nd year when the prices go up.
Le Ann

all dogs poop
poop happens...we clean it up!
Pooper Snoopers
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 11:38:29 PM »

Thanks, Shon.  The publication is totally new in this area.  The introductory cost for 1 year is very affordable, so I am going to do it.  I can afford it...it can't hurt and I can only hope to get some exposure.  1 new client will more than pay for the add at the introductory rate.  If it doesn't produce, I won't advertise in the 2nd year when the prices go up.
Le Ann

There you go. The right attitude. If you don't try, how will you know?

By the way, it seems to me the more we share about what works and what does not, the better off we will all be. The only major hurdle in this business is EXPOSURE. The more people hear about us, the more we all will benefit.

Advertising Co-op would not be bad. Ever see an ad for a product that says: Available at Publix, Albertsons, Food Lion and Kroger? What is good for one is good for all. They all get their percentage of sales from the ad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: