Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
August 28, 2014, 08:27:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance and becoming Incorporated  (Read 2519 times)
petvalet

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2009, 11:28:10 AM »

It is imperative to become Insured and Incorporated right away for a start up? I have the means to, but would rather save the money and see what the growth of my venture is. And also in regards to insurance wouldn't an agreement signed by the customer saying that I have permission to be in the yard at time, date, and to perform my duties give me enough space to operate. Honestly I think I should at least have insurance but I do wonder about this. I figure the becoming Incorporated can come later.
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »

Insurance is a gotta have period. Your signed agreement won't hold water when some one is hurt or there is damge. If you have any assets an LLC or Inc will help protect them.
thescoopinjax
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »

don't cut corners.  you say you have the means...do it the right way.  unless your expecting to fail, set your business up to succeed.  get you permits, get your insurance, get your business license for your city/state.  CYA!!!  i guess it all comes down to...would you want someone working in your yard who cut corners and who is not protected?  do unto others!
Shon
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »

unless your expecting to fail, set your business up to succeed. 

Great advice, Andy.  Could not have said it better myself, so I won't try. Wink
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:55:51 PM by Shon » Logged
petvalet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:12:33 AM »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: