Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!
Find a Pooper-Scooper in the
Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
November 21, 2017, 08:31:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO THIS FREE FORUM about the dog waste removal service business. 
To register to post, e-mail Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com with a username.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wet poo  (Read 9191 times)
Andi1

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:18:51 PM »

These are my first of many questions:    Do you have a lot of wet poop to deal with? - does it still easily scoop with the rake or do you have to use a different tool?  It seems like it would still leave poo smeared on the grass.

Where do you disinfect your shoes and tools?  in the street/driveway before getting in your truck?

Thanks!!!!!!
David
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:42:48 PM »

I carry a blow dryer with me? That way if I have wet poop, I can get it dry and rake it up.
Pooper Snoopers
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 06:38:17 AM »

I carry a blow dryer with me? That way if I have wet poop, I can get it dry and rake it up.

OY!

The humor here is getting pretty shitty.
doodiedaily
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:35:49 AM »

If you can find one like the one the princess had in the movie Space Balls you can dry them up in record time. Grin Grin Grin
BDS
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »

Get a shrub rake. It will have wide plastic tines. Vigorously rake the area and rotate around the area. Between the wide tines and the thatch in the grass, you will be able to remove the majority of the poop. There may still be a slight stain, but using a sideway raking motion, you will do an acceptable job. We get nothing but soup when it rains here, and I've never had a complaint. You can only doo so much.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Scott
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »

Get a shrub rake. It will have wide plastic tines. Vigorously rake the area and rotate around the area. Between the wide tines and the thatch in the grass, you will be able to remove the majority of the poop. There may still be a slight stain, but using a sideway raking motion, you will do an acceptable job. We get nothing but soup when it rains here, and I've never had a complaint. You can only doo so much.

The perfect advice for us FL scoopers.

If we knew where Andi1 is, maybe someone could offer something else?

Andi1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 08:01:38 PM »

Thanks - I'm in Texas (Houston area)
tucsonscooper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 03:46:45 PM »

tie grocery bags around your shoes if you are really worried. Otherwise, rinse off with a hose if needed.

As for wet poo, I'd pick it up with some thick paper towels. The grass will still have smears. The hose is great for that. You can also hose off your rake afterwards.
Yard Guards On Doody
Pros

Cheresee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 06:06:56 AM »

Another trick for Florida scoopers or anywhere there is wet poo for that matter is this:  After scooping if you're really worried that the rake (or whatever tool) you use did not do an adaquate job, get a fistful of sand and sprinkle it on top of the wet area.  It will act as an asorbent agent and help firm up the smeared poo.  Then re scoop if you want.  I very seldom ever have to do this.  Like Paul said with his technique, that usually does the trick. 

Tuscon Scooper, you can't really be serious can you?  Not only with the bags on your feet, but paper towels as well.  Not very professional, if you ask me.  Plus like Bobby said, you could slip and fall pretty easily.  That will also cut down on your 3 yards a week dream as it  takes a lot of extra time to tie bags on your shoes and use paper towels to pick up.

We take CRAP...Seriously!!!
AustinScooper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 08:13:05 AM »

I've learned to get down and dirty, with gloves.  I was lucky to find 100 gloves at Harbor Tools for $8 and they are stronger than regular medical gloves and textured to provide grip.  I've only had to do it a couple of times but a man's got to poo what a man's got to poo. 
David
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 09:51:39 PM »

It is great to see the newbies work so hard on a small project. Read, Read and Read some more. You will find a simple way.
happytailsjax
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 10:02:16 AM »

I like the sand idea, I was thinking sawdust, or mybe oil dry!
Doody Duty FL
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 04:47:58 PM »

Kitty Litter.  Sprinkle a bit on, then scoop as normal.  Done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: