Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
September 17, 2014, 06:30:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Placemat Advertising  (Read 2772 times)
all dogs poop

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »

While I find it interesting that anyone would want to think about/discuss picking up dog poop while eating, (of course, I do all the time, but I am not "normal") I get many calls regarding advertising my business on menus and placemats.  Has anyone ever tried this and have you had any positive results?  The cost is low enough that if you got 1 weekly client over a year, it would pay for the add and still return some profit. 
I appreciate any thoughts...thanks.

all dogs poop
poop happens...we clean it up!
vtalen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »

Be very careful of this. There are scam companys doing this. I unfortuneatly got scammed myself. Not on placemats, but on local, county maps. The second time they wanted me to advertise, things didnt seem right. I looked up the different co names they gave me and sure enough i found all kinds of stuff. Including an f rating by the bbb. 256 complaints in 3 years, operating under 20 different names. But to your point, as I found this info, I saw that them or someone was doing the same with placemats.  The scam is that they dont actually distribute the product you pay to advertise on. They do make some, to  give to the advertisers ( you ). This makes you happy and secure. Check it out for yourself. I would find out their name, then enter their name online. The company names I was approached by were premier maps, homestead productions, and universal adcom.

DoodyPro
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 03:41:32 AM »

The place mats and in the same boat as pharmacy bags. You pay they send a couple samples then never distribute the bags to the pharmarcy. That's money you waste...been there done that. About the same as phone book covers. Waste of money
Bobby Brown

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 04:05:57 AM »

I am with vtalen on this.  I got scammed too.  I wasn't even open for biz yet.  I had seen the place mats at our local diner.  They looked nice.   My friend owns an ice cream shop, and he had an ad on it. 

He gave the girls who ran the thing my number.  They had no office, and used a cell phone only.  (Okay, everyone needs a start) I told them I did not have the $ yet, but would in a few weeks, as my dad had died and the life insurance was going to come in.  If they were patient with me now, I would be a long time customer. 

I gave them $100 then, and told them as soon as I had the rest, I would call.  They agreed at that time.  One week later they began harassing me for the rest of the money.  Calling me almost every day.  Finally I had it and wrote them a check.

They got 14 businesses for $400, and were never to be seen or heard from again.
scoopnation
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 06:52:56 PM »

I would question why an establishment that serves food would even accept a placemat with a scoop service advertisement.
Bobby Brown

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 07:36:15 PM »

I would question why an establishment that serves food would even accept a placemat with a scoop service advertisement.

Because the placemats are free.  After losing my $, I went and spoke with the restaurant owner about them.  She said she would just give them to the local mechanic's shop to use as the floor paper when people brought their cars in. 
all dogs poop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »

When I received the call to potentially advertise on place mats, I questioned her about putting ad touting dog poop in a restaurant.  The advertiser called me today to admit her boss did not think it was a good idea.  So, I don't have to worry about any follow-up calls.

all dogs poop
poop happens...we clean it up!
mel
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 07:12:54 AM »

I do it all the times,Its been good for me
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 07:40:21 AM »

Mel,
How did you find a printer that wasn't a scam artist? I tried them and got burned. Same with the pharmarcy bags, they never delivered
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: