Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
October 30, 2014, 05:56:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just saying "howdy"....  (Read 1212 times)
nopoopforyou

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2010, 12:57:28 PM »

Hi, my name is Cheryl, but you can call me Cat.  I am thinking about starting my own pooper scooper business, and so very thankful I found this board!

In the surrounding counties where I live there are only two businesses I could find, one that is published and one that seems to only go by their two vehicles.  I have never seen either posted at a vets or local dog parks.  I only found the one through searching the web.  There isn't a huge city but there are some large affluent neighborhoods nearby (within 30 minutes).  I'm hoping to break into this as it is still not very well known.  I'll be starting on a shoestring then after getting some clients and getting my personal credit cleaned up, perhaps getting a truck (I have a Honda Civic) and moving up.  I am not looking to make much money, just enough take-home as I would at a full-time $10 an hour job (after taxes, expenses).  My lifestyle is really simple and I live with the parents for a mutually beneficial relationship (they are both disabled).  So my expectations and overhead are fairly low.  Right now I am unemployed like many of us and am looking for a part time job while I try to get this business off the ground.  I'm hoping through advertising and possibly getting a vet or grooming business on my side by Spring 2012 I will be ready to go more full time.  Summer sounds like a good time to be beating the ground getting your name out for fall/winter.  We have generally mild winters (lots of rain but little snow) so I expect more business in winter than many East Coasters.

My background:  have had multiple dogs all my life, and have worked for kennels, Humane Society, and as a kennel assistant at a local veterinary clinic.  So I know poop!  I'm doing this because I hate working for other people (well, certain people) and also am not afraid of hard work.  I know this will take some time but I'm hoping this will be my future.  =)

Yes, I need to buy Matt's book and I've been reading and will continue reading everything here, plus researching what other pooper scoopers have done around the country.  So I'll be saving my pennies and chatting with you guys, and hopefully by summer I will at least have all the paperwork completed, licences etc in the bag.  I also want to secure my name since I only know of one other business with this name and it is not in my part of the country or trademarked.

Thanks, ya'll, from Cat in Washington State
PSQ Gene
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 01:39:02 PM »

Best of luck to you Cat! Feel free to e-mail me if you ever need any help.

Gene
nopoopforyou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »

Thanks, Gene!   Smiley
Yard Guards On Doody
Pros

Cheresee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 05:53:51 PM »

Best of luck to you!

We take CRAP...Seriously!!!