Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!
Find a Pooper-Scooper in the
Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
November 21, 2017, 08:29:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WELCOME TO THIS FREE FORUM about the dog waste removal service business. 
To register to post, e-mail Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com with a username.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Red full of Poop landed in a customers swimming pool today.  (Read 8114 times)
Bill
« on: September 20, 2011, 05:51:20 PM »

All I can say it was very embarrising. They have large dogs and I had not scooped the yard in three days. I had finished scooping and was using the water hose to wash the stains off the cement where some of the dogs had pooped. When I dragged the water hose it knocked the Big Red into the pool. I did notify the owner and they said the chlorine will take care of it. I did explain it fell upside down and the poop floated to the top and 90% was trapped by the bag when I took it out.  I have always worried about not paying attention and walking into a swimming pool. I never considered my Big Red full of poop would make it in the pool before me....LOL.

I wold imagine that at any time there is probably more poop and urine in the loacal public swimming pool than we would ever would want to know.  Smiley
Yard Guards On Doody
Pros

Cheresee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »

OMG Bill I feel your pain.  Although this has never happened to me I am fearful all the time that it might....expecially at a house that I do of a celebrity and only have to scoop around the pool.  If it ever did happen ther at least it is tiny poop, but still.  So glad the customer was not POed.  Next time take precautions and close the bag up and move the big red far from the pool!   Grin

We take CRAP...Seriously!!!
sflscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 03:32:23 AM »

Wow, that really had to be a bad feeling.  I've never had the whole pan go in.  I have had one tiny nugget ricochet off of big red and go right in the pool.  Most people around here have pool service, so the chances of finding a net are zero to slim. 

Like you said Bill, public swimming pools have more in them than you can imagine.  I know from experience.  I stayed at a 5 star resort.  I went in the pool next to the cabanas that the adults were hanging around.  Not the pool with 500 kids in it.  A week later I got some sort of bacteria infection.  My doctor asked me if I had been in a pool lately.  He gave me antibiotics.  But 9 months later I busted a hernia in the same exact spot.  It ate a hole in my abdominal wall.  I will never go in a public pool again.
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 05:56:51 AM »

Shocked Shocked

Grin Grin

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."
sflscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 05:10:49 PM »

Shocked Shocked

Grin Grin

"It's no big deal."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PmMFaVzbzc
admin
Administrator

Since 1988: People see poop, they think of me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 06:14:39 PM »

LOL!   Reminds me of the time I found a kid's poop in the YMCA pool this summer.  I tried to be discreet when telling the lifeguard about it...
"Uhm... there's something that looks like mud, but I don't think it's mud..."
sflscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 03:19:39 AM »

eww...

Cheesy
Yard Guards On Doody
Pros

Cheresee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »

That's funny Matthew, I have pegged you all wrong.  I see you going up tot he life guard and telling him there is POOP in the pool!  No qualms about it!    Grin

We take CRAP...Seriously!!!
PetCorps
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 04:26:34 PM »

Seeing this topic for the first time today...5 years after the event occurred. While it is funny to read about today, it is something I only started to fear happening to me in the last couple of months.

The way Bill described it, it is almost like it is the same yard. The pool is in-ground, surrounded by a majestic white stone patio. There is a narrow path alongside the pool and the house. The area I scoop is at the opposite end of the enclosure, a very small grassy area, about 150 square feet. Sometimes, the dogs eliminate (both #1 & #2) on the patio. I use the hose to spray down the spots so they don't stain the tiles.

The spicket is located midway along the wall of the house, adjacent to the narrow path, next to the pool. I am always extra careful so I don't accidentally walk into the pool or worse...dump the poop into the pool.

Sorry to hear that actually happened to someone. What a great reminder to be extra vigilant while working in that yard.

Jason Smith
PetCorps Professional Pet Care
GT Wulf

Ryan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 09:33:31 AM »

I use the hose to spray down the spots so they don't stain the tiles.

Is it common to spray down patios and other hard surface areas of residue?  I have been just scraping it off as best I can. Usually their is no more hose as it has been chewed up and not replaced.
PetCorps
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 07:56:35 PM »

I don't know if it is common; however, after my customer moved to his new home, I offered to spray the patio with his hose. He appreciated the gesture. Lately, the dogs have been staying off the patio and the hose has not been accessible due to being hooked up to a sprinkler.

Jason Smith
PetCorps Professional Pet Care
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: