Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
November 01, 2014, 12:57:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Guys-if you could help me out by "liking" my dog poop facebook page. thx :-)  (Read 1336 times)
masterscooper
Pros

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2011, 06:17:11 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Masterscoopercom/276081655764157
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:19:33 AM by masterscooper » Logged
sflscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 04:51:23 AM »

Justin, I am going to make a suggestion.  Please consider taking those dog pics off your facebook page.  Everyone knows what a dog looks like when pooping.  Obviously there is a humorous side to our biz.  But you really want to be taken seriously too. 

Your facebook page should really promote your biz.  It should be like an extension or a preview of your website.  It should definitely have your logo and anything else that brands your business.  Do a search on facebook for some scoopers pages and you'll see a lot of them.

It could be just my opinion only.  So I am curious to hear what others have to say about it. 
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:10:53 AM »

I agree with that.  I didn't like those much.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."
admin
Administrator

Since 1988: People see poop, they think of me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:44:32 AM »

Good point.  Remember that your potential customers are the kind of people who are so grossed out by dog poop that they are willing to pay someone to take it away.  They don't want to see that.
The Doo House
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 07:19:53 AM »

On our FB page you can see we are using it a lot right now to promote our fundraiser "Donate a $1.00 to the dogs." We also use it to let people know we are going to be closed or anything else that has to do with The Doo House. Best advice I can give is keep it simple.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Doo-House-Pet-Waste-Removal-and-Pet-Services/115585051792327

"We Are Your Neighbors Best Friend"
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 07:26:31 AM »

Just a word to people, be careful and check local, state and Federal laws.

Where I live, I wanted to run a food drive.  Just advertise, pick up food, and take it
to the local animal shelter.  That's all.  My dime, my time, no income or profit whatsoever.

I spoke to the Sec. of State's office and the State attorney, and to do it "properly"
I would have had to set up a completely separate charitable organization, complete with
periodic reports, filings, fees, separate tax id (and tax returns!), etc.

Wasn't worth it.

Edit: if the Gov't would stay out of the way a little more, it would be a better world.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."
masterscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »

I agree with your suggestions. I think this is much better. I also picked up a new client via a flyer that someone saw at a local vet

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Masterscoopercom/276081655764157?ref=ts
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:25:09 PM by masterscooper » Logged
PSQ Gene
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 01:44:58 PM »

Much better! Congrats on that client!
sflscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »

Looks great, Justin!
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 06:16:33 PM »

Indeed!

Yard Guards On Doody
Pros

Cheresee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 04:10:36 PM »

I am glad that SFLScooper siad what he did.  I visited your FB page the other day and did not like it so I did not "Like it"  I also did not care for the pictures at all.  I just revisited your FB page and liked it, so I hit the "Like it" button!  It looks much better!

We take CRAP...Seriously!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: