Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
October 31, 2014, 12:33:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for merchant accounts?  (Read 3294 times)
Brigitta
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:53:59 PM »

I receive checks and use standard paypal on my website now.

What works or doesn't work for your business as far as accepting credit cards and recurring billing?

1. payment can be processed by myself or customer from my website
2. recurring billing (auto-withdrawal from their bank or credit card)
3. I can process using iPhone when out in "the field"
4. good customer support
5. are on my side when having collection problems
6. affordable

It's a confusing area to research, hope to find out what works for other Scoopers.
sflscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 04:40:39 PM »

I use Intuit from QuickBooks.  The two services I use are Billing Solutions, and Auto-Debit.

Billing Solutions lets you send an email statement with a link to a secure site where the customer enters their card info and pays.  They have the option to save their info and create a log in, or enter it each time they pay.

Auto-Debit is where they give me a filled out and signed credit card authorization form, and I set it up to auto-debit each month. 

I don't know if Intuit offers a service where the customer pays on your site.  Your security on your website has to be really tight for that type of transaction.

The Intuit fees are probably higher than other merchant accounts.  But I like it because it is automatic.  Payments are applied to invoices as they are downloaded.  Deposits are automatic too.

I like it a lot.  It works well for me.  They had some issues a couple years ago where Billing Solutions was broken, but they fixed it in two months time.
Brigitta
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »

Thanks for the input, very helpful.
I'll look into Intuit.
I'm using QuickBooks now, so having it integrated would be nice.
Maybe it's not so important to have customers pay at my website.

sflscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 05:10:16 PM »

Glad to help.  Oh, one other thing...

QuickBooks forces you to upgrade to a new version every 3 years if you use their merchant services.  It has something to do with keeping security up to date.

Just something else to keep in mind with the cost of using them for C.C. transactions.
thescoopinjax
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »

also use intuit.  its seemless and super easy.  they sent me a credit card reader for my phone which i can download an app for and run a credit card through my phone.  i personally don't see a real need (for me) to use it though.  i can run the card when i get back to the office. 

intuit automatically applys payments to the invoices=saves time!!! totally suggest using them.  support is pretty good too if you need it. one last thing...auto debit is AMAZING.  you tell it when and how much to charge and it automatically does it each month (or whatever you tell it to do).  less hassle for the customer....
sflscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »

also use intuit.  its seemless and super easy. 

...auto debit is AMAZING.  you tell it when and how much to charge and it automatically does it each month (or whatever you tell it to do).  less hassle for the customer....

Yes, what he said. I did not express how awesome auto debit is.  It totally rocks! 

Especially if your billing method is One Monthly Rate. (Hi Doo House!)
Brigitta
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »

So, auto-debit can withdraw from customer's bank account (like a debit card) or customer's credit card?

And I guess Billing Solutions is for customer's who make one-time payments?
sflscooper
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 09:43:59 PM »

So, auto-debit can withdraw from customer's bank account (like a debit card) or customer's credit card?

Yes.

And I guess Billing Solutions is for customer's who make one-time payments?

Not just one time payments.  My customers who use it are those who prefer not to give me their C. C. info, but still pay every month with a credit or debit card.
Brigitta
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 08:40:47 AM »

Intuit looks like it will work for me. I applied and will see if I'm accepted.
Since I use mac, not sure yet if auto-debit is included. Time to chat with customer service I guess.
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 09:27:57 AM »

Thanks for the input, very helpful.
I'll look into Intuit.
I'm using QuickBooks now, so having it integrated would be nice.
Maybe it's not so important to have customers pay at my website.

Intuit is the company that writes Quickbooks.

Usually, a shopping cart application will take your customer away from your site to a secure site
where they enter their cc data themselves.  If you maintain credit card numbers on file, your annual PCI
compliance requirements are more strict.

Another reason Intuit requires you to update Quickbooks is to update tax tables for those who choose
to use the payroll application available with QB.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."
Brigitta
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »

I was approved quickly, BUT... there is no way for the customer to pay online when using QB for Mac.

I can process customer payments, but the customer can't.

That's just crazy and frustrating. I wanted to provide a link in the invoice for them to pay.

Back to the drawing board I guess. Angry
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »

You could go with Linkpoint and have the customer pay via a link on your site.  Works for me.
http://www.firstdata.com/linkpoint/

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."
Brigitta
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 02:16:33 PM »

tgp, Thanks, I'll look into it.
The Doo House
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »

I use this so I can take credit card payments right at the clients home.

https://squareup.com/

I have never looked into anything to use on my website so I am open to suggestions there.

"We Are Your Neighbors Best Friend"
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 08:15:51 AM »

Linkpoint, as I mentioned, is one vendor.  Most banks also offer card processing.
Do a google search for "credit card processing" and you'll find plenty of vendors.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: