Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
August 22, 2014, 12:38:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If it's not one thing, it's another.  (Read 999 times)
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »

Sheesh.  My apartment ceiling.  Maintenance guys are working on it.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."
admin
Administrator

Since 1988: People see poop, they think of me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »

That sucks.  Good pic, though!
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »

Hole in a hot water pipe upstairs.  They have to get at it through my ceiling, have three 1 foot by 1 foot holes so far, they're fixing the pipe now.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."
doodyguy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 01:14:17 PM »

That happened to me twice in my house about 3 years apart. Ruined the downstairs carpet and a few pieces of electronic equipment. I had to rip out a large part of two walls and most of the ceiling to finally fix it. It sucked for sure but I was just happy to have a place to call home unlike the people in homeless shelters all over the county. Don't sweat the small stuff. Take a step back and see the big picture. But I agree, it is aggravating...we just have to remember to keep things in their proper prospective. Good luck!

Fear change. Especially pennies.
tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »

Almost done, the leak's fixed.  We have 2 large fans blowing up into the ceiling through the holes, and a
dehumidifer running, sucking moisture out of the third hole, gotta do that for a couple of days until the
sheetrock is dry enough to patch. Yeah, small stuff, but not how I'd planned to spend my day.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.  -- attributed to John Lennon   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 02:19:42 PM »

That sucks.  Good pic, though!

Yeah, I thought so, too.  Pretty fair for a handheld 7 mp 4 year old camera.
Canon Powershot SD1000, best $150 I ever spent.  Smaller than a box of Altoids,
thousands of hi res pix or 2+ hours of 640x480 video on a 16 gb card.

doodyguy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 03:39:59 PM »

Look at the bright side...your ceiling leaks...but at least you've got a great camera. (Geez, I'm sorry...always trying to look at the positive). Your carpet will dry out with a little time and effort and your drywall can be replaced, although it IS a pain in the butt, I know from experience. I can't stress enough to think of the good things you've been blessed with. We all have times when we feel down or defeated but it never lasts long. Think of the old saying: I cried when I had no shoes until I saw a man with no feet.

tgp
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »

Think of the old saying: I cried when I had no shoes until I saw a man with no feet.

Or this twist on it, from Jack Handey: Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hahahaaaaa!  Yep, the leak's a small thing, it's all getting taken care of!   Grin Grin

Yard Guards On Doody
Pros

Cheresee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 07:53:36 AM »

Poor Jeff!  I bet you are very happy that you have a landlord and dont have to pay for the repairs yourself!  Like Matthew said, it is a great pic!

We take CRAP...Seriously!!!
doodyguy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 08:43:53 AM »

tgp...lol! Gotta love Jack Handey. They should really bring that back.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: