Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
April 23, 2014, 06:54:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 800 number  (Read 1091 times)
doodyguy

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:37 AM »

So I'm thinking of getting an 800 number so that my number will be easier to remember on signs, cards, etc. Alas, all of the really good 800 numbers have been taken so I will have to settle for an "ok" 800 number, but still easier to remember. From what I understand it is $100 for the set up, $10 per month for taxes and 9.9 cents per minute. How many of you guys have vanity numbers? I would go with the 1-800-DOG-POOP but it is already taken in my area. Sound like a good deal?

Fear change. Especially pennies.
pawstobark
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »

For me I dont have many customers that actually call us and vise versa.
Most of our stuff is done through e-mail. I wouldn't personally get a number like that. If I got anything it would be another "home" number or a "cell" number and try to see if I could pick out something like "bark" or "dogs"..etc if possible... plus a lot cheaper !
PetCorps
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »

Doodyguy, I recently expanded my service area and because of that I decided to get an 800 number. In the area I service, there are 2 area codes. One is already owned by a competitor on the 1800DOGPOOP network. Not sure about the other one. My decision to get an 800 number was out of necessity, as the areas I have expanded to are long distance to my local number. Now, new customers in the outlying areas can call toll free. And it didn't cost anything to set it up, and for now I only pay about $19 bucks a month (the rate is higher if you go with the 1000 minute plan. I chose 100 minutes because call volume is not high enough to warrant the 1000 minute plan.)

Shoot me an email and I can send you a referral link to the company I am using.

Jason Smith
ReALife LLC
PetCorps Service Brand
The Doo House
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:13:38 PM »

I added a toll free number tonight, 300 minutes for $9.95 a month. I went with an 855 number so i could keep a prefix I wanted. I also added another local number so I now have three numbers. Two are local for the areas I service and one is toll free as I am looking to expand and it will be nice if those areas do not have to make a longs distance call... not that long distance is a huge issue anymore for $9.95 a month I felt it was a justified expense.

"We Are Your Neighbors Best Friend"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: