Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
April 18, 2014, 07:05:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Handles...what was the site?  (Read 12352 times)
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 10:07:16 PM »

I don't care who had the idea for the hole in the back first, but I'm "borrowing" it.  Scott, you guys keep adapting big red and pretty soon you'll have to make it a power tool ala Tim the tool man Taylor.  More power to ya....

Brian
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2008, 03:56:27 AM »

I don't care who had the idea for the hole in the back first, but I'm "borrowing" it.  Scott, you guys keep adapting big red and pretty soon you'll have to make it a power tool ala Tim the tool man Taylor.  More power to ya....

Brian

Like he used to say, "If it ain't broke, you can probably still fix it!"   Cheesy
ON DOODY
Pros

Learn and Work Hard to Achieve

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 06:22:39 AM »

I was actually trying to find a rock in each yard the first few weeks back in 2005 to keep the bag in.  It did not take long to figure out the hole method.  THe helper handle on the middle of the handle came a few weeks after that. 

Here are a few other tips to pass along on the big red......

Drill a very tiny hole through the black plastic that acts as a pivot point between the bucket and handle on both sides.  Insert a small cotter pin and bend.  Over time the holes in the bucket will wear our larger and the black plaastic pivot points will no longer hold.  Undoubtably this will happen during the middle of your route AND you will have forgotten to bring a back up bucket taht day.  Experience talking here!!!!

If you are in the field and you are a "big ol' slacker"  Grin then you can grab a couple of nickels out of your ashtray and use them.  Desperate times make me think REALLY hard!!!  THe old big reds (not sure about the new ones as I am too busy "slacking" to go look in the shed at my horde of new big reds) had small slots in the pivot points. Look and you will see what I am talking about.  If you jam a nickel into those slots then the bucket will get you through the rest of the day.  Actually mine got me through a few months that way (plus it increased the value of my highly modified spage age tool by 10 cents)  Why a few months???  Guess is was "slacking"!!!

Also take off the small "lip" that they but on the bottom of the pan.  It will do nothing but poke holes in your bag.

ONe last thine that I am sure everyone does already (maybe new to some n00bs) is to turn you handle around.  Ergonaomically it will be more pleasant to hold since the handle will hang in your hand rather than putting all the strain on the wrist.  Most of us dont hold the big red by the actual black handle but you will notice that as you carry it around you do more than you think.  Give it a try.  It is just a quick fix that can be immediately turned back around if you dont like it.

Just a few tips before the carpet guys get here.  Gotta have new carpet as it seems I have been layng around in the floor all day watching TV and slacking and have worn the carpet out!!!!!

Now for Scott.....

Cookoff???  Your on!!!!  By the way.... let me extend an invitation to you to visit us here in Memphis on the 15th through the 18th of May for some GREAT bbq.  Got the place to stay. You just got to get here.  Poobah will tell you how fun it is.  I think he is kicking himself this year already.  Just take his advice and stay out of porto potties with strangers!!!!!
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 08:39:11 AM »

Lee, thanks for the gold mine of tips.  A karma for you!!

Brian
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2008, 08:40:03 AM »

And a karma for you too Scott.

Thanks,

Brian
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2008, 02:26:51 PM »

Now for Scott.....

Cookoff???  Your on!!!!  By the way.... let me extend an invitation to you to visit us here in Memphis on the 15th through the 18th of May for some GREAT bbq.  Got the place to stay. You just got to get here.  Poobah will tell you how fun it is.  I think he is kicking himself this year already.  Just take his advice and stay out of porto potties with strangers!!!!!

I appreciate the invite Lee.  You know I would love to come up for that.  Having been a chef for many years before this, and my love for true BBQ, I'd do anything to be on your team.  However, since I am still a one man show, and not a SLACKER,  Roll Eyes , I have to take care of the biz. 

Anyway, with summer on the way, there is one more necessary add-on to Big Red.  It comes in really handy on those hot summer days in the 1-2 acre yards.

Grin

Thanks for the Karma Mr. !
ON DOODY
Pros

Learn and Work Hard to Achieve

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008, 03:25:48 PM »

Now I just knew when I scrolled down I was gonna see a fan attached to the handle.

Maybe a window unit AC next time???
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 03:33:06 PM »

Now I just knew when I scrolled down I was gonna see a fan attached to the handle.

I'm working on that.  Once I got the patent, I'll be selling them. 
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »

Wow, I thought big red was already heavy enough with the poop in there!  Maybe add some wheels and hydraulics and you can raise and lower the pan.

I sense a photoshopped picture out there just waiting to be posted.

Brian
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008, 12:57:27 PM »

Wow, I thought big red was already heavy enough with the poop in there!  Maybe add some wheels and hydraulics and you can raise and lower the pan.

I sense a photoshopped picture out there just waiting to be posted.

Brian

I see you don't take me seriously.  Okay, here it goes:

Poop is in a constant state of decomposition, giving off methane gas.

I will install a small ehxhaust system on top of Big Red to catch the gas,
which will power a small generator mounted to the back of the pan.
The more poop that fills the pan, the more power the generator poroduces.

The generator will power a small a/c unit that is inside the handle of B.R. 

A small tube duct system will come out the end of the handle, and connect to a tubular duct system made up of aquarium hose.

This duct system will be worn under the clothing, with vents placed at key areas around the body.
(around the neck, under arm pits, down your arms, crotch area and beyond, legs, and feet.)

I think I'll call it D.P.A.C.S.   Dog Poop Air Conditioning system. 

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

It was a boring day. I didn't have Poobah to talk to.  My mind wandered.  Can you tell?   Grin
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008, 01:10:26 PM »

A true miracle of modern mechanical engineering (and possbily acid).  Maybe you could design one on a larger scale and use one to cool your house.  You probably scoop enough poop every week to cool the neighborhood. 

Brian
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2008, 01:19:30 PM »

A true miracle of modern mechanical engineering (and possbily acid). 
Brian

I was 20 y/o once.   Roll Eyes
Pete
Pros

We support Pet Rescue/ Spay, Neuter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »

Use pumps in the heels of your boots to power a fan and blow cooler ground level air into the space between your hat and your head.

Better than the will to succeed is the will to prepare to succeed.
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008, 05:20:37 AM »

Pete said "Use pumps in the heels of your boots to power a fan and blow cooler ground level air into the space between your hat and your head."

Pete the space is between his ears not his hat and head.
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2008, 06:01:38 AM »

Pete the space is between his ears not his hat and head.

Hey, I resemble that remark!   Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: