Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
August 21, 2014, 05:07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: advertising idea --**  (Read 1444 times)
allfordogs

** 1(87)Pet-Provider ** Professional & Prescreened

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2008, 10:10:48 AM »

I came across an interesting idea yesterday and I'm wondering what others think about it. Since this is a board about and for scoopers, I figured it would be a good place to get some feedback. (This would be in conjunction with other pet services.)

What if there were a 1800DENTIST for the pet industry; like 1800PETService.

The idea is that you would get the type of pets you specialize in for your area. Obviously if you're the only location, you'd get all the dogs. i.e. if you and your competitor signed up, but you prefer small dogs and they prefer corporate... You'd get FiFi and they'd get corporates. This would make you happier by prescreening your clients.

If you both had the same, it would get split up evenly or the service would best match the personality w/the sitter.

Would you sign up for it? What would you pay for this type of service?

I think they thought $15 per month, then $5.00 - $10.00 per qualified lead. Plus like $50.00 to sign up.(for initial paperwork, background searches, etc.) What would you pay?

The initial number needs to be fair in order to do background checks and the other necessary searches to make sure people were of good reputation, so it wouldn't affect other providers on the site.

Thoughts?

Paul Franklin

All For Dogs, Inc.

Plainfield, IL

(by qualified i mean, the 800# would take their cc# and make sure they're ready to pay and then pass them onto you.) :-D
Shon
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »

The 800 phone directories are...obsolete.  Why have that when we have the web?

People want info right in front of them.  You can do that on the web.  Why make them call some other phone number?  if it is not the service company itself.

It's just more worthless advertising that wouldn't work.  The web man, the web is where it's at. 

In addition, how you going to market it?  The web?  lol, then why not just have the info on the website....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: