Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
October 01, 2014, 11:22:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kennel Bid  (Read 5884 times)
visalady62
Pros

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »

Hi all,

I was wondering how some of you would quote this job:

A groomer/kennel that I placed some of my flyers called me for their kennel. This kennel keeps 20 dogs mim & up to 80 maxium. They need scoopin services from Sunday afternoon/evening up til Monday mornings around 8:00. (The one person that is on staff isnt able to keep up with the demand after Sunday afternoons until Monday).

I dont forsee even if they were at max with 80 dogs that I would be scoopin after all 80 or even all 20 dogs. The property itself is not big. 

Any suggestions on how to bid this would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Linda
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 03:37:38 PM »

So they want you to spend the night there? I think it would be cheaper for them to hire a second kennel worker to help out.
Sunday is my only day off so I'd be REALLY expensive.
Figure how many hours you'll be there then multiple time what you thing your Sunday night is worth, remember that you'lll be tired on Monday and probably won't work much that day so it's a lost day too.
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 03:58:15 PM »

Hi all,

I was wondering how some of you would quote this job:

A groomer/kennel that I placed some of my flyers called me for their kennel. This kennel keeps 20 dogs mim & up to 80 maxium. They need scoopin services from Sunday afternoon/evening up til Monday mornings around 8:00. (The one person that is on staff isnt able to keep up with the demand after Sunday afternoons until Monday).

I dont forsee even if they were at max with 80 dogs that I would be scoopin after all 80 or even all 20 dogs. The property itself is not big. 

Any suggestions on how to bid this would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Linda

Short answer, without all the shiny bullshit:

Bid your commercial jobs at $60-90+ per hour.
If you don't, someone else will.

good answer.  I bid mine @ $90.  I don't usually get them.  If I do, I'll be one happy scooper!

Personally I'd rather work for 5 minutes and make $12 - $18 and get back in the truck, than to work for an hour straight in the Fl summer heat. 
visalady62
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 04:08:36 PM »

No, I wont be staying the night.......they just want me first thing Monday morning to scoop what the girl wasnt able to scoop from Sunday afternoon up until Monday morning.

Thanks
twscoopers
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »

So Linda... how did it go with the kennel?

Kathy
SgtPile
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:20:49 AM »

I have a kennel bid in an hour.  I will take your advise and let you know how it goes.  Thanks!

Jeff & Karrie

Sgt Pile
Cleaning up the community one PILE at a time.
k9 waste service
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 01:40:03 PM »

good luck on the kennel bids!!!   
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 10:34:58 PM »

Ditto on the good luck wishes for the kennel bids.

TGP and Scott, when you refer to bidding commercial jobs, are only talking about kennels or does that include apartments, condos, etc?

Thanks,

Brian
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 03:15:56 AM »

TGP, 
That makes perfect sense to me.  Now if I can just get a route (and a customer) I'll worry about how tight it is.  Thanks for responding to my question.

Brian
BDS
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 03:37:15 AM »

Just a thought about routes and how tightness. I started and had a few customers for a long time. Left the house at 8:30am and was home around 11am. I have more than tripled my customers and I leave at 8am and I'm home by noon. I drive almost the same distance and make 3 times the money in just 1 1/2 hour more. Take the jobs as they come, eventually you will connect the dots and the route will tighten up for you. Good luck.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."
ON DOODY
Pros

Learn and Work Hard to Achieve

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 06:26:49 AM »

Brian get one customer and you will have the tightest route of ANYONE!!!  Look on the bright side!!!!
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 08:36:01 AM »

Brian get one customer and you will have the tightest route of ANYONE!!!  Look on the bright side!!!!

Right!!  I'll be on the lookout for that magic customer.  I'd like to start with my two neighbors who each have 2 big dogs in their yards (I know one of them never scoops).  That would be a nice gas saver!!!

I'm excited to get going.  I should have all the "paperwork" in order by this time next week and after I get the insurance in place I'll be ready to go.  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes on the ground.

Brian
SgtPile
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 01:57:17 AM »

BDS...I keep saying that I need to tighten the reins on my route and try to do more centralized marketingaround my existing clients.  We currently have 32 residential clients and 2 commercial accounts.  Typically it takes us around 4.5 hours on the route.  So I was wondering if you would mind sharing how many clients you have or how many you service on your typical 4.5 hour route?  I was just wondering HOW lose my route was.  I spend slightly more time driving than scooping.

TIA

Jeff

Jeff & Karrie

Sgt Pile
Cleaning up the community one PILE at a time.
BDS
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 12:20:31 PM »

I only have 10, but it only takes me 1 1/2 hours longer to do the 10 then when I had 3.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: