Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
December 20, 2014, 01:05:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 3465 times)
BDS
Pros

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:27:22 AM »

When I had just a few customers, my muck boots were fine. Now with the sudden surge of business I find that Shon is, as usual, correct. I have switched to a pair of hiking boots that I have, but in the Florida heat, I'm finding them too hot. They also weigh over 2 lbs. Thats lifting a pound per foot for every step. So here's my question.
What are you guys with large routes wearing?
Scott in Florida, where did you buy your Michelin boots? I've found some online stores, but as a diebetic, foot wear is a very imporant issue.
I would like to hear from other scoopers, keeping in mind here on the Suncoast, I will be scooping in 90 plus temps during the day, and in the winter (?) as low as the 50's.
Help, these hiking boots are killing me.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 05:20:00 AM »

Paul,

I got them at Duluth Trading.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/department/mens/mens2/mens_footwear/61050.aspx?feature=Product_3

I found an insole insert that is padded with air to make it feel like you're wearing air sneakers.  They are not heavy at all.  So far it hasn't been too hot down here, so they sem to be quite cool still. 

I highly recommend them.
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 07:33:37 AM »

I'm still using the Asolo GTX 95 I tried the Michlins but they just didn't fit.
The place I got them has discontinued them. Google them.
I've been buying them at an outdoor store.

What ever you get, put masking tape on the soles and walk around a lot make sure they feel good before you use them in a yard. (The tape will keep the soles new looking making return easy)
SgtPile
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 08:51:46 AM »

I use redwings.  comfy, light, and waterproof

Jeff & Karrie

Sgt Pile
Cleaning up the community one PILE at a time.
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 04:43:52 AM »

I like those Michelin shoes.  Works much better than Crocs.
 Wink
Brian
k9 waste service
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 01:31:35 PM »

i use an old pair of wolverine durashocks.  they pretty good shoe, not heavy at all.  they run about 80 dollars.
Jason

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »

The boot that I use is pretty awesome in my opinion. I bought them about 4 weeks ago and they are really light (17 ounces per boot). They are really waterproof as well. I got mine at Gander Mtn.

Keen- Targhee II Mid

I paid $109.00 for mine and never knew my feet could be so comfortable while scooping and walking. Everytime I get a new customer I pass out my door hanger in about a 2 to 3 block radius, depending on the number of hills in the neighborhoods. They have been great for this. I used to switch to tennis shoes from my old boots to do the door hanger thing.

I tried on the boots that Grady has recommended, think it was similar model, but the width was too narrow for my foot. I tried on about 20 different boots before deciding on these.

Take it for what it is worth.
Jason

Dog Poop... A Royal Pain in the Grass!!!
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 07:52:36 AM »

Shoes/boots the fit is what makes the difference. Keep trying boots till yopu find a pair that works for you. I've always had trouble finding a boot that fits my foot shape. A size 12 isn't a size 12 in all manufactors. Wide isn't wide for everyone.
What I found is to go to one of those expensive hiking stores that sell high end boots, get the guy that knows boots, get a pair fitted to your foot.
Another foot asaver is to carry an extra pair of sock and change mid day, even if you put the same boots back on your feet will feel great with the fesh dry scoks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: