Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
July 28, 2014, 09:23:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How COOL is that!?  (Read 3876 times)
all dogs poop

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2008, 08:55:41 AM »

Was stopped at a light today.  A horn beeps, I look to my left and a woman points at my "all dogs poop" sign on my car, then points at me.  Then, she holds up one of my postcards and gives me the call ya gesture.
Made my day! Grin

all dogs poop
poop happens...we clean it up!
PetCorps
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 08:57:25 AM »

That's awesome!  Good for you.  I had a car pull up to me one time, roll down the window and ask me how business is going.  It was nice.  I keep looking expecting that to happen again.

Jason Smith
ReALife LLC
PetCorps Service Brand
all dogs poop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 09:54:26 AM »

Yeah...just minutes after my "cool" experience, a guy drives by and yells out his window "How's the poop?"  I gave him the thumbs up and a smile.  Hey, as long as they notice the sign...it's all good!

all dogs poop
poop happens...we clean it up!
k9 waste service
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »

the magnets are a great idea.  i put about 30 small size refridgerator size ones on the back of my trunk.  people take them every saturday when i go to the supermarket.  who doesn't have 25 magnets on their icebox?Huh?   Cheesy
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »

the magnets are a great idea.  i put about 30 small size refridgerator size ones on the back of my trunk.  people take them every saturday when i go to the supermarket.  who doesn't have 25 magnets on their icebox?Huh?   Cheesy

See, that's why I love this place.  I only give out fridge magnets to my new customers. 

I never thought to put them on my truck when I go out shopping.

Thanks!  Karma for you.  Wink
Yard Guard Services
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 02:56:37 PM »

That really is a great idea- thanks.
Pooman
Pros

Knowledge is not power. Applied knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 03:43:24 PM »

That is a good idea. I have a magnetic business card holder that I leave my cards in everytime I step out of my truck. It seems to work people are taking them.

BTW I love this place to! So much good info and a lot of good laughs to   Grin

Brian A

Brian A
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »

That deserves the TIP O' THE DAY award.  Karma for you K9.

Brian
k9 waste service
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 07:12:28 AM »

wanna here something even better than magnets on my trunk?   i  have my 80 year old aunt driving around to senior citizens meetings with them on her trunk too!!!   of course she makes me cut her grass in return!!!!  she is a sweety!!!!   Smiley
mel
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »

So I get a phone call the other day  I couldn't believe it.
When Doody Calls my name is ........ how can I help you
Hello my name is Cat No..... I'm from the show Law and Order.
  OK How can I help you.
 I need someone to clean up where we are going to shoot a show
How many dogs live there? When was the last clean up?
 One dog,I don't know the last time it was clean up.
When do you need this by?
Wed the 18th of Feb.
Ok we can do that.
How are you going to pay for it.
Please send the bill to..............
we did and now we  can say we scoop for law and order!!!!!!!!!
How freaking cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 04:48:13 PM »

Awesome!! Make sure you do a good job Wink Hate to see an actor step in doo. lol.
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »

Be sure to get the site manager's name. He/she should have paid you on the spot.
I've worked for the studios before and got paid on the spot.
Did you see any stars?Huh
Scott
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »

I have a neighborhood of 2.5 acre, 12,000- 16,000 square foot estates that I do 2 yards in.  One day I saw a whole bunch of cargo trucks and regular cars at one of the neighboring houses.  While walking back to my truck a lady came over and asked if I could come clean the yard they were filming in.  Turns out they were filming a scene from CSI Miami.  Totally cool!  The location manager paid me on the spot, took my card, and promised to call me when they needed me.

I have also cleaned both my customers yards that live there twice, right before and during photo shoots for swim suit models for magazines.  I felt so bad for one last month.  It was really cold, even for S. FL, and they had her by the pool with wet hair!  I am sure she was paid quite well.

Yes mel, it is really cool being able to say you clean for a tv show!
Pete
Pros

We support Pet Rescue/ Spay, Neuter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 04:08:45 PM »

Scoopers to the Stars!

Better than the will to succeed is the will to prepare to succeed.
MuttleysMaid
Pros

Play nice, or reap the consequences.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »

Scoopers to the Stars!

Yeah, someone should start a thread about that one!  I have a few, and I am sure EVERYONE has had SOME famous person here and there... it would be an interesting read, but I think instead of mentioning the client by name, maybe just hint about their work?  After all, don't need to lose the client, but it would be a good online guessing game!

Love those vanity phone numbers!

1-877-DOG-CRAP **** 1-800-DOG-POOP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: