Scoopers & Friends Discussion Board

DOG OWNERS!Click here for:
International Directory of Dog Waste Removal Services
October 31, 2014, 05:41:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to this FREE forum for dog waste removal service professionals and those interested in the business. 

TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS: Send e-mail to Matthew at Pooper-Scooper.com and indicate what username you would like.

WANT TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Buy the Startup Manual! "The Professional Pooper-Scooper: How to Start Your Own Low-Cost, High-Profit Dog Waste Removal Service"

[url=http://www.pooper-scooper.com/contents.htm]

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quickbooks  (Read 5259 times)
Doggie
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:37:54 PM »

Can someone please point me in the right direction on where i can find information on how to set quickbooks up on two computers. I have it on my laptop now and want to put a copy on my desktop as well.

Shon
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:39:23 PM »

You install it just as you did on your laptop. 
Doggie
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 10:56:35 PM »

That is what I was thinking but wanted to double check. I have it installed on XP now and my new system has vista, This should be fun. Thanks for answer Shon.
mr.bks
Pros

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:03:31 PM »

Doggie, I'm new to using Quickbooks and am in the process of setting my business up.  My system has Vista on it and it hasn't been a problem.  Big But,...I don't have it on two computers with two Operating Systems.  Good luck,

mrbks
Shon
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 05:40:51 AM »

I transfer backup and portable backup copies between vista and xp machines every day.  No problems.  We run 07 Pro.
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 05:49:54 AM »

If you use a Windows briefcase, you have to change the file properties.  Uncheck the "read only" box on your QB file before it will back up to another machine.  PITA

I use a program called SyncBack SE.  No changing necessary.  Works very well. 
Shon
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »

If you use a Windows briefcase, you have to change the file properties.  Uncheck the "read only" box on your QB file before it will back up to another machine.  PITA

I'm not sure what that's all about.  We simply back up the file onto a flash drive.  No need to change file properties or use other programs to back up from machine to machine with different operating systems. 
Scoop da Poo
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 02:51:47 PM »

I'm not sure what that's all about.  We simply back up the file onto a flash drive.  No need to change file properties or use other programs to back up from machine to machine with different operating systems. 

Well, there's that too.  You know me... make things more difficult than they need to be. 

I use the same program to automatically back up every computer on the network to the external HD's every night.  It's great for that.
Shon
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »

Ah, I got it.  Very smart.   Cool
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 01:19:56 PM »

I'm getting an error message.
I'm trying to send email statements and I get" Quickbooks is unable to access the requested file. It may already be open. Check the location of the file and try again."
Where do I check location of the file?
I can print statements but can't email. My email works fine.
Any help??
Scott
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 04:25:47 AM »

Call Jeff.  He is the resident computer geek.
thescoopinjax
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 06:52:53 AM »

that is a glitch in their system.  i have had that happen to me 5 times.  VERY FRUSTRATING.  try deleting the qb pdf writer. then restart your computer.  sign on qb and try to send again.  if it doesnt work try restarting one more time.  if that doesn't work...sorry.  i have literally spent hundreds of dollars on this problem.  i still can't fix it myself.  i hope it works!!!
Scooperdude
Pros

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 11:51:19 AM »

Andy is right, I've been searching the web for cures and so far nothing is working.
I don't know if the two things have anything to do with one another, but this started at the same time I updated  windows vista
Scott
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 02:14:50 PM »

I don't know if the two things have anything to do with one another, but this started at the same time I updated  windows vista

I don't have Vista, and I won't.  I had it on a new computer for the wife for a week, and the whole machine went back to the store.

Good luck.
David
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 10:02:14 PM »

Try these step below.

1) Go to your printers menu (either in your start bar or just type printers in the search box and it will be the only one that shows up)

2) Right click on "QuickBooks PDF Converter" and go to properties

3) Click on ports tab

4) Click "Add Port...", select local port and click new port

5) Give it name like "quickbooks PDF" and click close

6) This new port should already be checked and then you can close out of everything.

For those running Windows Vista, the following may resolve this issue:
http://knowledgebase.quickbooks.ca/detail.php?&qbid=QB1166&product=&buid=QB&cat=&printable=true

Here is another help article that may - well help:
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Pages/KnowledgeBaseArticle/1007856

I also found another discussion on this that may be of help:
https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks/post/detail/a83qK0eBmr3zw9abTJhmjm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: